We are happy to inform you that the new 4.2.0 version of jqGrid is out. This release fixes a lot of bugs and adds new features and improvements.
Bellow is the list of some of them
- jQuery 1.6.x cmpatible
- Added header grouping
- idPrefix parameter in the grid to allow not have duplicate id in data row ids in case of two or more grids.
- if the beforeRequest event return false the ajax request can be canceled.
- Added beforeProcessing event which raises immediatley after the successed ajax request and before executing the adding new data.
- Adding Croatian localization
- RTL support for the new searchFilter module
- Controlling the positions and dimensions of alert dialog – adding the following parameters in navGrid method – alertwidth, alertheight, alerttop, alertleft. alertzIndex
- Allow user to override request method for inline edits (GET,POST) – i.e added mtype parameter
- Support for optgroup in inline edit
The full list of fixes and changes can be seen here
In the next major release (at end of this year) we will introduce a frozen column feature.
Enjoy the new version