Today we are launching the Beta of jqGrid for PHP. This is a brand new product created for PHP developers and teams that radically decreases development time with jqGrid and makes it fun and easy. The product will be offered with commercial licenses that will include fast and accurate technical support, source code and subscription based benefits.
Highlight points include:
- all functionality jqGrid has is supported
- the PHP component automatically handles data retrieval, paging, sorting, searching and all CRUD operations (create, read, update, delete). No need for custom code.
- you can have a fully functional grid with just a few lines of PHP
- export to Excel is supported
- database engines supported: MySql, Postgre SQL, Microsoft SQL server
You can see our online demo (50+ examples) here:
You can post questions in our public forums for jqGrid for PHP here
And you can download the trial component here:
Note: We are using PDO (PHP Data Objects) for automatic grid operations, so depending on your PHP setup you may need to install it before using jqGrid for PHP. PDO is by default installed in PHP 5.1+ distributions.
The above is valid only for MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
Details on PDO:
Please, let us know what you think. As usual, your feedback is much appreciated.
jqGrid PHP Team