We are happy to announce the fresh new jqGrid 4.3 release. This release adds a lot of new functionality and bug fixes. Here is what is new:
- Column Freezing – you can now freeze the first N columns of the grid, so that a horizontal scroll bar appears and they stay fixed (frozen) while you can still scroll the un-frozen columns.
- Inline add new row – we figured we have "Add New Dialog" – why not have the same functionality for inline editing as well.
- Inline navigator – a better way to handle control buttons while in inline add/edit/delete modes
- This one thanks to Oleg – support reading any data from XML including attributes. Thanks again Oleg – your efforts are much appreciated.
- jQuery 1.7.1 and ThemeRoller 1.8.16 support – the latest jQuery and ThemeRoller releases are now officially supported and tested.
- A LOT of fixes.
The documentation and examples are up to date. You can see it in the appropriate pages.
Please, let us know in the comments below what you think about this release and what do you expect in the next releases. Top of list for now – sorting by multiple columns and grouping by multiple columns.
We'd like to also remind you that we have released 4.3 for our commercial set of components available here – http://www.trirand.net . You can find many additional components like chart, scheduler, jqForm + FormBuilder, datepicker, autocomplete, PDF/Excel/Image exports, automatic binding with no code to all databases (MySQL, Postgre, Oracle, MS SQL), automatic codeless CRUD, etc. We currently provide tools for PHP, ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC.
On behalf of the Trirand Team, we'd like to wish you merry Christmas and a great new year.
The Trirand Team
Read original blog post